Updated as of May 14, 2009
1. Personal Information
* Browsing BON. You can watch videos on BON without having a BON Account. You also can contact us through the BON Help Center or by emailing us directly without having to register for an account.
* Your BON Account. For some activities on BON, like uploading videos, posting comments, flagging videos, or watching restricted videos, you need a BON or BON Account. We ask for some personal information when you create an account, including your email address and a password, which is used to protect your account from unauthorized access. A BON Account, additionally, allows you to access other BON services that require registration.
* Usage Information. When you use BON, we may record information about your usage of the site, such as the channels and favorites which other users you communicate with, the videos you watch, the frequency and size of data transfers, and information you display about yourself as well as information you click on in BON (including UI elements, settings). If you are logged in, we may associate that information with your BON Account. In order to ensure the quality of our service to you, we may place a tag (also called a "web beacon") in HTML-based customer support emails or other communications with you in order to confirm delivery.
* Content Uploaded to Site. Any personal information or video content that you voluntarily disclose online (e.g., video comments, your profile page) may be collected and used by others.
* If you submit personal information to BON, we may use that information to operate, maintain, and improve the features and functionality of the BON website, and to process any flagging activity or other communication you send to us.
* We do not use your email address or other personal information to send commercial or marketing messages without your consent. We may use your email address without further consent for non-marketing or administrative purposes (such as notifying you of major BON changes or for customer service purposes).
3. Information That is Publicly Available
* When you create a BON Account, some information about your BON Account and your account activity will be provided to other users of BON. This may include the date you opened your BON Account, the date you last logged into your BON Account, the country and the number of videos you have watched.
* Your BON Account name, not your email address, is displayed to other users when you engage in certain activities on BON, such as when you upload videos or send messages through BON. Other users can contact you by leaving a message or comment on the site.
* Any videos that you submit to BON may be redistributed through the internet and other media channels, and may be viewed by other BON users or the general public.
* You may also choose to add personal information which may include your name, gender, profile picture or other details, that will be visible to other users on your BON Account page. If you choose to add certain features to your BON Account page, then these features and your activity associated with these features will be displayed to other users and may be aggregated and shared with your friends or other users. Such shared activity may include your favorite videos, videos you rated and videos that you have uploaded.
4. Your Choices
* If you have a BON Account, you may update or correct your personal profile information, email preferences and privacy settings at any time by visiting your account profile page.
* You may control the information that is available to other users and your confirmed friends at any time by editing your BON Account and the features that are included on your channel page.
* You may, of course, decline to submit personal information through BON, in which case you can still view videos and explore BON, but BON may not be able to provide certain services to you.